Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Book Review: How to Be Successful on Twitter by Marc Guberti


Light Bulb Full of Sweets
Image source: "Light Bulb Full of Sweets" Joe Loong Creative Commons License

"What could a 16 year old possibly teach me?" 

Well, think again. Marc Guberti is a 16 year old social media entrepreneur and author who enjoys helping others succeed. As a former high school English teacher, I know all too well the ideas and mindset that the younger generations have to offer. Naturally, I jumped at the opportunity to read what Marc Guberti had to tell us about Twitter. 

About the book

Image Source: Amazon.com
Marc Guberti's book How to Be Successful on Twitter  is a compilation of what Marc Guberti has learned about Twitter throughout his social media journey. 

He provides information about what it is like to be a "newborn chick" on Twitter to how to make money in social media, specifically on Twitter. 

There were a few points he touched on that I already knew, yet I learned so much more about social media from his book. For example, he recommends different apps and explains their functions to effectively and efficiently tweet. I will stop here before I give anything away.


Other Reviews

A review on Amazon points out, "The only problem with this book is that it needs some serious editing. It lacks structure and at some sections it reads like a chain of thoughts rather than a well thought out piece of writing."  
I disagree. Yes, there is one editing mistake that stood out for me, but I can see how it was not caught. I have seen worse editing by major publishing companies. His tone, style and structure are appropriate for his audience. This book is not meant to be an academic journal article. Simple language and structure are essential for social media users. 

Note: I was not paid in anyway by Marc Guberti nor do I work for him. This review was written by my own free will. I find this book worth sharing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment